There are hundreds of people in the business world that aspire to run their own business, whether you are a fresh grad with a new idea, or a long term employee wanting to be the boss. Here is the best advice I took away from Gary Vee on how to nail and succeed in your own business venture.
Gary Vaynerchuk is a name you may or may not have heard before. Gary Vee is an entrepreneur and business owner of two very successful companies. However what Gary is best known for is his no-nonsense approach to business. His books go into detail about how to remain successful and up to date in the business world. His book #AskGaryVee: One Entrepreneur’s Take on Leadership, Social Media, and Self-Awareness, is set in a Q& A layout and will answer any question you’ve ever asked about business, with a “tell you how it is” approach.
So here is the best advice I got from #AskGaryVee:
- “Just do it”– Why are you waiting? What is stopping you?
- Know yourself and what is going to fit you.
- Not everyone is meant to be an entrepreneur- you can be just as successful working in a business, as running one.
- Know your strengths and weaknesses. But why try and work on your weakness when it is someone else’s strength. Delegate and nail your strength.
- How you make your money is much more important than how much money you make.
- Listen to the marketplace. Keep up with social media and track trends.
- Have people around you that “tell you like it is”, there is no point not knowing the truth of what is going on.
And possibly my favourite:
- Keep your head in the clouds and your nose in the dirt. By this Gary means make sure you are always looking long term but also know your everyday workings and the detail of your business.
I think the biggest takeaway from the book is “whatever you do, keep moving.”, this is something we can all take into business and life. If you want to read the book you can get it on Amazon but I highly recommend the audiobook as Gary states himself he goes off script for more content and it is a great listen. Get it here…. http://www.audible.com.au/t2/title?asin=B01BACQ9WE&source_code=M2MOR0003SH022414&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIvKyk1-Ce1gIVkn69Ch1lCgBPEAAYASAAEgJUtfD_BwE
Until next time…