There are four steps that we always follow when conducting a recruitment process. These steps have a proven track record of success and give our clients the peace of mind that we have a process in place that is not only thorough but, most importantly, gets results every time.
THE JOB BRIEF
This is the foundation of any search and sets up the story that we discuss with potential candidates. We aim to become an extension of your HR or Talent Acquisition and get a deep understanding of your business beyond just the surface level.
BUILDING OUT A PROFILE
Now we understand the role and the company well enough, we can confidently build out a basic picture of who we believe would fit and what that person’s experience looks like.
1. What level of experience suits this role
2. What type of sales role(s) has the ideal candidate had to make their experience levels right but also mean that they are motivated to make the move
3. Is experience within a specific vertical or industry necessary
4. Will a tertiary qualification be irrelevant or potentially be a good guide towards the right person
5. What deal sizes should the person be used to selling
PLANNING AND MARKET MAPPING
Once we understand what the profile looks like and have a clear understanding of positioning your brand, it’s time to plan the search.
1. Where should we be looking to headhunt
2. What job titles will be relevant
3. What businesses train well and retain badly
4. What’s the key message and “story” that we need to grab the attention of top talent in a bite size chunk
5. Who should we avoid and why
As Benjamin Franklin said – “By Failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.” The execution is the easy bit once we have the foundations in place. So where do we go to execute a search?